Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall Break - Projects Update

Currently, I have three long-paper assignments under construction. They include the happiest accident I have ever suffered in graduate school: his name is Henry Cornelius Agrippa. 

Though he's mostly known for his tirades against necromancy, and other occult practices, he also wrote an hilarious book against learning/academia of any kind. It's a riot - sometimes because of its archaic language, and sometimes for its quaint reasoning (even more ironic, because he declaims syllogism at least once per page).

I'll be using it to create a setting for the anti-humanist argument, and then I'll place Doctor Faustus and Prospero in that landscape and watch them duke it out. Should be epic.

In other news, I'm writing yet ANOTHER paper (and presentation) on Shelley's political poetry, and still finishing up Arcite, Emelye, and Palamon.

I can smell your jealousy from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment