Monday, November 5, 2007

In The Beginning

I am studying three things at the moment: Death as portrayed in Uncle Tom's Cabin and Moby Dick, Discussions of online book sites (Shelfari and Goodreads), and the history of the English Language (specifically either the dialect spoken on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, or, well, something else). They're not very unified. Hopefully next semester will introduce a little more harmony. Then again, according to Steven Johnson the random connections will produce better results.

I am also writing fiction for which I will be researching 1920's music-hall songs and tenth-century Pictish politics (Jutish? You tell me).

Although I'd rather map my thoughts like the glass-bead game, I hope to have a fairly comprehensive set of tags as soon as possible. Maybe some of this will link up after all.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, you're beautiful. And you're brilliant. The two together are a scary mix. Never change!

    And thank you for keeping me smart.

    ReplyDelete